Do you like Compound Words? Oh, that is an UNDER+STATEMENT? So you are a ROCK+STAR, or maybe a MASTER+MIND!
Branchwordy is a cool new word game – challenging yet simple. Just arrange base words along branches, such that words on adjacent boxes form a compound word. You don’t have to be SUPER+HUMAN to do well.
Choose from different difficulty levels to play in and use the given lifelines to help you crack the tricky puzzles along the way. Or simply choose the untimed mode to play at leisure without the time limit per round.
Now, if we’ve managed to BRAIN+WASH you, download the game and have fun branching!
- Words can be formed in either direction along a branch. So WAVE + LENGTH and LENGTH + WAVE are both valid combinations for the word WAVELENGTH
- There are 4 buttons visible at the top of the screen during a round, as follows:
- The SOLVE button – This will display the solution and end the current round
- The CLEAR button – Use this to remove all the word tiles placed on the tree and send them back to their original positions at the bottom of the screen. To remove a single word tile placed on the tree, just drag it off its slot and release
- The HINTS button – This is a lifeline. It will place exactly one word tile on its correct slot
- The +20 S button – This adds 20 seconds to the clock
- There are 3 lifelines each (Hints and +20s) available at the start of a match. You can use them multiple times during a round. Lifelines are recharged as your score crosses a certain threshold (e.g. 1000, 2000, 3500 etc)
- You can choose to play in the Untimed mode (from the Game Settings screen). There will be no clock per round and you can solve each puzzle at your leisure
- You are allowed 2 misses (lives) per match. If you fail to solve a round, it counts as a miss. The game will continue with the same score (and difficulty level). However a second miss will end the game
- Shortcut – if you drag and release word tile onto an already occupied slot, then the tiles are interchanged