Thanks to all our customers for their invaluable suggestions and criticisms. Based on your requests, Pow-Word now includes an additional 7 letter mode for game play along with ALL the previous features of dictionary options, time modes and challenges on Game Center.
Form as many words from the given set of jumbled letters in each round. Your score is carried forward until you are unable to form the longest word within a round.
Simple controls and a host of features make Pow-Word a very addictive game and a great way to improve your vocabulary.
Pow-Word also includes a Challenge mode that allows you to match your skills against your Game Center friends. Use the “Challenge” button on the Main Menu to select your friend and launch the match. Both players are then presented with the same set of letters and the winner is the one who finishes the round first, or has more points at the end of the round. Presently the Challenge mode automatically selects the Student Dictionary with a two minute round. Stay tuned for more options in upcoming versions of Pow-Word!
- Choice of two dictionaries – the Students dictionary with standard English words and Teachers dictionary comprising the complete SOWPODS list
- Select from 1 min and 2 mins options for round times. You can also play in non-timed modes at your leisure.
- Choose between 6 and 7 letter difficulty modes.
- Separate leaderboards for all modes for you to compare scores with players worldwide
- Lookup word meanings at the end of each round (requires active internet connection on the device)
Note: In case you face problems installing and / or starting the game the first time, then it is recommended that you delete the previous game version from your device and then re-instal the game.
All words used in the game are part of the SOWPODS Word List, the standard reference for many international Word Games. Due to periodic updating, it is possible that some of these words may not be currently available for ready reference in online dictionaries.